Sarasvati (texts & arch.II)

Wed May 27 22:19:53 UTC 1998

>Bhagwan Gidwani's NOVEL "Return of the Aryans" where in he gives us the
>history of the Aryans a la Hinduttvavaada..This NOVEL which was written
>by a person known for his very poor research is now flaunted as the
>gospel truth by our Hinduttvavaadi friends ....an example of a clear
>myth replacing a *probable* myth

The same Bhagwan Gidwani had written a historical novel titled _The
Sword of Tipu Sultan_. This was the source for a recent TV serial on
Tipu. I remember this was just not liked by the Hindutvavaadis, as Tipu
was shown as a major hero. Note the timing - Tipu Sultan novel in 1976,
TV serial in 1990-92, Aryan novel in 1994. Maybe I'm reading more into
it, but perhaps Gidwani wrote this Aryan novel just to take the heat off
his back, or to appease them.

Vidyasankar