Indian Philosophy and Mathematics

Antreas P. Hatzipolakis xpolakis at HOL.GR
Fri Mar 13 16:36:29 UTC 1998

Hello,

Following is a message I received from Prof. B. Ravindra.
I am fwd-ing it to the Indology list (with his permission), since one paragraph
(marked with ********) is related to Indian Philosophy.

I have some questions on the Subject: Indian Philosophy and Mathematics

1. Which was the role of the Indian Philosophy (Brahmanism)
in great S. Ramanujan's Mathematics?

2. Are there influences of Indian Philosophies on Modern Mathematical Theories/
inventions?

Thanks, and apologies for this long message and my bad English.

Greetings from Athens

Antreas