Man/nature traditions (India)

Mark F. Tritsch tritsch at MZDMZA.ZDV.UNI-MAINZ.DE
Fri Mar 13 11:41:36 UTC 1998

I am currently collecting material for an Indian nature guide. One of
the sections will cover traduitional relationships between people and
nature/wildlife in India. One idea I have is to contrast the shikari
tradition still found among traditional hunting castes like the
Rajputs with the principles of Ahimsa most vehemently espoused by the
Jainas but also perfused through all of hinduism. There are also many
other possible aspects.

I would like to receive suggestions as to secondary literature
(bibliographies!) and source material. Can anyone help me? Many
thanks in advance.

Mark Tritsch

Dr. Mark F. Tritsch
Breslauer Strasse 14 B