Truth and method in Indology, III

Lars Martin Fosse lmfosse at ONLINE.NO
Thu Jun 4 18:10:42 UTC 1998

>Lars:
>
>What citations/titles/authors are you referring to here?  Is there
>anything online?  Methodological models of what you're discussing is an
>excellent idea.  Having waded into the complex issues you address quite
>succinctly viz. stats. and indology in your dissertation, I am very
>curious to see these works to which your expertise would refer us.

Most of this should be in the bibliography of my thesis:

Frederick Mosteller/David L. Wallace 1963, "Inference in an authorship
probem", Journal of the American Statistical Association, 58:274ff.

F. Mosteller and David L. Wallace 1964: Inference and Disputed Authorship.
The Federalist. Reading, Mass., Addison-Wesley Publishing Company.

Tweedie/Singh/Holmes: 1994, Neural Network Applications in Stylometry: The
Federalist Papers. Proceedings of the 3rd Conference on the Cognitive
Science of Natural Language Processing. Dublin, Dublin City University.

Holmes, D. I. 1995. The Federalist Revisited: New Directions in Authorship
Attribution. Literary and Linguistic Computing, p. 111-127.

Ledger, Gerard 1995. An Exploration of Differences in the Pauline Epistles
using Multivariate Statistical Analysis. Literary and Linguistic Computing.
10,2.

Greenwood, H. H. 1992. St. Paul Revisited - a Computational Result. Literary
and Linguistic Computing, 7,1. p. 43-47.

Apart from these titles, I suggest you check out the bibliography of my thesis.

Best regards,

Lars Martin

Dr.art. Lars Martin Fosse
Haugerudvn. 76, Leil. 114,