Sankaracarya of the North

Bijoy Misra bmisra at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Tue Jan 27 16:27:39 UTC 1998

Still don't get it.  are we saying that the succession of
sankaacharya gets complicated with various people trying
to get on the wagon?

regarding law and religion it's interesting that the courts
even hear it.  Through a personal experience in a local situation
i came to know that the local courts (Boston) would even not admit
a case that has religion it, unless it's criminal.
I think the defeated party in the court case will tell
how much bribe transferred hands.

In any case, I had observed many years ago when the Sankaracharya
of Puri was installed. From all operations it sounded noble
and his scholarship seemed amazingly dense.  Then he published
the book Vedic Mathematics, which became rather controversial..