Sindhi sailing vessels

Ruth Laila Schmidt r.l.schmidt at EASTEUR-ORIENT.UIO.NO
Tue Jan 13 11:48:09 UTC 1998

Dear members of the list,

I am looking for publication(s) giving a general description of Sindhi
sailing vessels of the traditional type.

So far I have been able to find only one reference:

Zur geschichtlichen Bedeutung der frühen Seefahrt. (Schlingloff 1982, in:
Kolloquien zur Allgemeinen und Vergleichenden Archäologie, München, Verlag
C. H. Beck, 2 vols., pp. 51-85).

--Unfortunately, the volume of this series corresponding to the year 1982
is not available in any of the countries cooperating with our library.

Could anyone suggest something else that might be available, that would
provide the required information? I need only a general description and not
detailed technical information.

Or failing that, does any library in Germany provide the service of
photocopying and mailing articles contained in German publications? I would
of course be happy to pay the required charges.

Thank you, and with best wishes,

Ruth Schmidt

Ruth Laila Schmidt
Dept of East European and Oriental Studies
University of Oslo
P.O. Box 1030 Blindern
N-0315 Oslo, Norway
Phone: (47) 22 85 55 86