The Lost Years of Jesus

Dave and Celia Mason dvmason at STUDENTS.WISC.EDU
Mon Feb 23 04:08:15 UTC 1998

>Hi Dave,
>We are getting a little far afield here, but as far as I can tell, The
>Book of Mormon (which is similar in style to The Old Testament in King
>James translation) does indeed purport to detail the history of a tribe
>of Israel that migrated from Jerusalem to the New World in about 600
>BCE, they were led by the prophet Lehi. Once they arrived in the New
>World they migrated and split into 2 groups: the virtuous Nephites and
>the sinful Lamanites.
>Cheers,
>Mary

Right.  We were talking about "lost tribe" status, correct?  The Mormons
don't group these "Nephites" and "Lamanites" with the "lost tribes."

By the way:

I'm still looking for the Sanskrit "Midsummer Night's Dream" from 1892.
I've received one lead so far.  Can anyone confirm that this was published
in Tamil Nadu?  Any other information about this would be much appreciated.

Dave

Dave and Celia Mason
dvmason at students.wisc.edu
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/tnd/tas/mason/cv.html