The Lost Years of Jesus

Luis Gonzalez-Reimann reimann at UCLINK.BERKELEY.EDU
Sat Feb 21 01:08:28 UTC 1998

On 2/20/98 Jonathan Silk wrote:

>A friend has sent me the following question:
>
>A book called The Lost Years of Jesus is going to be published in Japanese
>translation and the translator wants to know what was the reaction of
>Indologists in the West to the theory that Jesus was in India and Tibet
>during those 17 years.
>
>Any references to debunking of this nonsense?  Many thanks in advance!

I recently received the American Academy of Religion's call for papers for
the 1998 meeting in Nov. of this year.  On page 5, under the heading
Religion in South Asia, one of the suggested topics is, yes, "lost years of
Jesus in India," and the contact person is said to be Brian Smith.

Luis Gonzalez-Reimann
University of California, Berkeley