The Lost Years of Jesus

Dave and Celia Mason dvmason at STUDENTS.WISC.EDU
Sun Feb 22 21:31:51 UTC 1998

>Mary Storm wrote:
>
>There are an awful lot of people in the world claiming descent from the
>lost tribe! This theory is in conflict with the Mormon mythology which
>also claims a lost tribe descent, as well as a belief that Jesus was
>teaching in South America after the Resurrection. But maybe Jesus spent
>the post-Resurrection years in a kind of bi-continental commute.
>
>Mary

Not necessarily in conflict with Mormon mythology.  The Mormons don't claim
that the American people Jesus visited have "lost tribe" status.  They also
explicitly teach that America was only one stop on a kind of "world tour"
for Jesus, and that we don't yet have any record of where else he hung out.
So why not Kashmir?

There is some contradiction, though: the Mormon idea is that Jesus started
globe-trotting after the resurrection, so while they probably wouldn't
object to the concept of Jesus in India, they wouldn't likely buy the idea
that his grave is there.

Dave

Dave and Celia Mason
dvmason at students.wisc.edu