Kanakadhaaraastotram verse

DEVARAKONDA VENKATA NARAYANA SARMA narayana at HD1.VSNL.NET.IN
Wed Aug 12 16:50:11 UTC 1998

At 01:28 PM 8/11/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Could someone please help me understand the derivation
>and meaning of k.r.sii.s.ta in the following verse.
>Thank you.
>
>i.s.taavi"si.s.tamatayo.api yayaa dayaardra-
>d.r.s.tyaa trivi.s.tapapada.m sulabha.m labhante|
>d.r.s.ti.h prah.r.s.takamalodaradiiptiri.s.taa.m
>pu.s.ti.m k.r.sii.s.ta mama pu.skaravi.s.taraayaa.h| 9||
>
>9. By which Eye moist with compassion, even those
>with minds not possessed of desires obtain a suitable
>place in the three worlds,
>that Eye of the One seated on a lotus,
>whose beauty delights the lotus-naveled One,
><k.r.sii.s.ta?> my desired wealth.

>Girish Sharma
>San Diego, CA
>girish at mushika.wanet.com

According to Prof.P.Sreeramachadrudu, Retired Head of the Department
of Sanskrit, Osmania University, Hyderabad, kRSISTa is the AzIrliG
form (benediction) of root kR (to do). The meaning of last line will be
"May the look of the one who sits on the lotus do (= give) nourishment
to me."

regards,

sarma.