Downloading diacritic Roman fonts for Indian Languages

Aditya, the Hindu Skeptic aditya at SMART1.NET
Thu Sep 25 01:27:03 UTC 1997

Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan <Palaniappa at AOL.COM> has on Wed, 17 Sep 1997 10:44:25
-0400 written as follows:

>For quite sometime, I have been trying to download the Roman diacritic fonts
>(CSX or Norman) from the the following site
>ftp://bombay.oriental.cam.ac.uk/pub/john/software/fonts
>I have not been successful. When I download the fonts like tm-csx.zip and
>open it, the computer (PC) tries to treat it as a data file of an accounting
>software I have (Bestware)  and gives up.
>
>Does anybody else know/have these or other similar fonts which I can easily
>download and install? I would appreciate installation instructions also.

I have downloaded this file and did not have any problem in installing it.
You  need some program that can uncompress the zip file such as PKZIP or
Winzip. After you have uncompressed the file you can install the ttf file
normally depending on whether you are using w3.1 or w95.

If you need more help, contact me by email.
--
Have a peaceful and prosperous day.
Aditya Mishra
e-mail:a018967t at bc.seflin.org
homepage://www.smart1.net/aditya
Thought of the day:
        A good man gone wrong is usually a bad man found out.