Dravidian Cryptography

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 2 17:25:25 UTC 1997

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997 DKumar6248 at aol.com wrote:

[...]
> and I wish
> to notify the members of the Indology List that until further notice about
> this matter which, if needed, I will announce on the site of this List, it is
> permitted for a scholar to make one hard copy of it for non-commercial
> purpose. Also, as I have already notified, small statements from the above
> noted document can be quoted for non-commercial purpose.

Sigh!  Wouldn't it be *great* if indological writings had any commercial
value whatsoever that was worth protecting!  The above message gave me a
wonderful fleeting vision of industral espionage, bidding wars between
great corporations, and seductive blandishments offered by dark-suited
emmissiaries from the military-industrial complex, all focussed on a
sleek, leather briefcase containing a single sheet of A4 describing the
workings of a Paninian sutra.

If only.  :-)

All the best,
Dominik

--
Dominik Wujastyk               Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine
email: d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk          183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, England