Dravidian Cryptography

DKumar6248 at aol.com DKumar6248 at aol.com
Tue Sep 2 21:51:44 UTC 1997

Dear memebrs of the List,

I am writing this as soon as I saw the note mentioned below.

Dominik Wujastyk (in his note posted at 18:28:43 BST today) mentions without
noting or elaborating a Paninian sutra of which I am completely unaware of. I
wish I knew; I had to do it the hard way. Also would somebody enlighten me as
to why the Dravidian languages (which have been considered as the borrowing
languages) have not been taken into consideration in this context? Why we
failed to realize the important meanings of a number of words, names, etc.,
which the realization of the existence and operation of the phenomenon of
inversion and substitution would have revealed to us, if Panini had already
stated a sutra?  Would it not have helped our projects which we undertake in
order to define and elaborate such words and/or texts. I am not sure if we
are looking any more intelligent than before. Beleive me, I would like to see
us all rich, with or without sleek leather briefcases, if only we could!
Thanks in advance. Best regards.

Yours

V. Keerthi Kumar

<  http://www.mninter.net/~kumar  >