Atharva Veda info request

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Fri Nov 7 11:43:17 UTC 1997

This is a very interesting posting.  When AV is recited by those reciters
whose own Vedic affiliation is something other than AV, this has some
possible impact on the transmission of the AV.  I have discussed a few
such cases of the RV impact on AV in my forthcoming edition of the
Shaunakiiya Caturaadhyaayikaa (in HOS).  It would be interesting and
important to see how the AV recitation in YV style may have some important
consequences.  RAVI, could you plese give me some names and addresses of
these reciters, so that I could contact them during my visit to India?  I
am currently editing the Jatapatha of the AV (kandas 15, 17) and
Kramapatha (kanda 20) on the basis of three mss, and it would be useful if
any of the reciters you mention continue to recite these VikRitis.
        Madhav Deshpande