D. D. Kosambi's works

Sreenivas Paruchuri sreeni at ktp.uni-paderborn.de
Mon May 26 09:09:59 UTC 1997

I am surprised to see that D.D. Kosambi's well-known work:

	Myth and reality : studies in the formation of Indian culture
	(Popular Prakashan, Bombay, 1962 & Sangam Books, London, 1983)

is not available (!?) in Germany. I tried through Inter-Library-Loan
(=Fernleihe) also, but no luck so far!

Also, I see the following three commemoration volumes in Kosambi's honour,
in US on-line catalogues, but not in German ones. Your help in acquiring these
four books in Germany is highly appreciated.

1. D. D. Kosambi commemoration volume / chief editor, Lallanji Gopal ;
   editors, Jai Prakash Singh, Nisar Ahmad & Dipak Malik.  Varanasi
   D. D. Kosambi Commemoration Committee, Banaras Hindu University, 1977

2. Indian society : historical probings, in memory of D. D. Kosambi / edited
   by R. S. Sharma in collaboration with Vivekanand Jha.  2d ed.  New Delhi
   People's Pub. House, 1977, c1974

3. Science and human progress : essays in honour of late Prof. D. D. Kosambi,
   scientist, indologist, and humanist / [Prof. D. D. Kosambi Commemoration
   Committee] ; foreword by V. V. Giri.  Bombay : Popular Prakashan, 1974

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sreenivas

P.S. I could find the following commemoration volume in a micro-fiche catalogue:
	Dr. D.D. Kosambi memorial volume : Festschrift
	Ed. P.V. Kane, Bombay, Asiatic Society, 1970, 304s.

E-Mail: sreeni at ktp.uni-paderborn.de