A question regarding the Bhagavadgeeta

S Krishna mahadevasiva at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 23:07:25 UTC 1997

Dear Members,

I am writing to you in regard to the following book:

Title : "Ancient Bhagavad Gita: original text of 745 verses, with
critical introduction"
Published : "United Social Cultural and Educational Foundation of
             India: University of Vedic Sciences, Hyderabad"
Author:       Dr E.Vedavyas

I would like to know your opinions about the arguements offered in this
book and the authenticity of the extra verses provided by Dr Vedavyas in
order to come up with a total of 745 verses. Dr Vedavyas
also contests the representation of certain verses as are available to
us now and changes parts of certain Shlokas. I would also like to hear
your reactions and responses with respect to these "modified" Shlokas.

Krishna