Panjabi grammar, accent, comparative analysis

Shujun Motegi Motegishujun at msn.com
Wed Jul 9 09:16:58 UTC 1997

----------
From: 	indology-request at liverpool.ac.uk on behalf of Ashok Aklujkar
Sent: 	Wednesday, July 9, 1997 8:17 AM
To: 	Members of the list
Subject: 	Re: Panjabi grammar, accent, comparative analysis

In an earlier response to B. Reusch's inquiry, I mentioned that I wou
ld try
to get from my university's library the particulars of a relevant boo
k. I
now have the particulars. The book, written in excellent
scholarly/Sanskritic Hindi, does not have much on accent (it is spars
e on
the phonetic aspect in general) but is a mine of information on lexic
al,
morphological etc. continuities between Punjabi and Sanskrit (standin
frequently for Vedic / Vedic Sanskrit).

The book also discusses the relationship between Punjabi and Sanskrit

literatures.

The details are: Dr. Syama Deva Parasara [= ;syaama deva paaraa;sara]
..
1990. Samskrta tatha panjabi ke sambandha. Hoshiarpur: Visvesvaranand
Vaidika Sodha Samsthana. Visvesvarananda Bharata-bharati Grantha-mala
 81.
LC no. PK423 P37 1990.

Ashok Aklujkar
Professor, Dept. of Asian Studies, University of British Columbia,
Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6T 1Z2.