German Indology

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Sat Feb 22 19:32:02 UTC 1997

Garn!  Irving Hexham has unmasked me, and seen right through my motives.
All I can plead is that my head was turned by the frenzied British Press
in the run-up to the May election: we've had nothing but rabid soapboxing
from the future candidates recently, mainly on the subject of the Bonn
plot to take away our lovely pound coins (yecch) and impose the Euro on us
["Pound of onions, Luv?  That'll be half a Euro."].  Actually, I'm in
favour of a single currency and (eventually) a federal Euro-superstate
from Madeira to Kiev.  Give the yanks something to compete with at long
last.

All the best,
Dominik

--
Dominik Wujastyk               Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine
email: d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk          183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, England