German Indology

Srinivasan Pichumani srini at engin.umich.edu
Fri Feb 21 17:10:20 UTC 1997

	We think matters should be said straight at the very
	outset in order to avoid any misunderstanding. Readers
	should be made clear about the purpose for "German Indology",
	a "list of institutions and persons concerned with
	Sanskrit and allied studies" compiled by Prof. Dieter
	Schlingloff in 1996. For those of us in Germany the
	(unwritten) reasons are very clear.

Thanks for the detailed explanation... the misunderstanding
seems to have been entirely Dominik's... as evidenced by his
ad hominem remarks.

The misunderstanding of Peter Fluegel on the other hand seems
to have been just due to a "typo" in his reading...  he misread
it as "German ideology" instead of "German indology".

-Srini.

ps: I remember similar off-the-cuff remarks made against postings
of Dr.S.Kalyanaraman to the list a while ago.