Sanskrit-Chinese

NOZAWA Masanobu nozawa at la.numazu-ct.ac.jp
Sun Sep 15 03:32:15 UTC 1996

Lars Martin Fosse wrote:

>I am not sure if this question has been asked before, but I would like
>to know if there is any dictionary or glossary in one form or another
>which contains Sanskrit with Chinese (Classical Chinese preferably)
>and viceversa, Classical Chinese Sanskrit.  If someone in this forum
>knows of a resource like this, please let me know.

An Index to the AbhidharmakozabhaaSya (parts 1 & 2, ed. by A. Hirakawa, Daizo
Shuppan, Tokyo 1973) would be very helpful. It cross-refers to the various
versions of AKBh in Sanskrit, Tibetan and Chinese, so it works as a means to
know the terminology of Hsuan Tsung and Paramaartha.

Mahaavyutpatti (vols 1 & 2, ed. by R. Sakaki, Suzuki Gakujutu Zaidan, Tokyo)
might be also useful.

NOZAWA Masanobu
Numazu College of Technology
E-mail: nozawa at la.numazu-ct.ac.jp