[Q] bholantikaa, tailapaayin

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Tue May 14 14:27:52 UTC 1996

Apte's The Practical Sanskrit-English Dictionary, 1958 edition, Prasad
Prakashan, Poona, Vol. II, p. 786, lists taipapaayin and cites a passage
from the Mahaabhaarata.  Apte interprets this word as referring to "a
kind of cockroach".  He also lists taila_ambukaa, tailapaka, tailapakaa,
tailapaa, tailapaayikaa, and tailacaurikaa in the same sense.
	Madhav Deshpande