Male Ear Rings

aditya at icanect.net aditya at icanect.net
Fri Mar 15 00:18:41 UTC 1996

It was stated that:
>3) I have heard male ear rings served a practical
>purpose. Vijayanagar & later Nayaka times were rough.
>In the constant warfare, those fallen on battlefields
>were distinguished to be Hindu or Muslim
>depending on whether his ears were pierced or not.
>Then, cremation or burial decisions could be made.
It is some kind of an urban myth, since the muslims were/are
always circumcised and it was far easier to spot them than
Hindus with pierced ears.
Piercing of ears was custom among with long tradition and
has nothing to do with muslims.
Have a nice day.
Aditya Mishra
http://www.icanect.net/~aditya
The opinions expressed herein are continually mutating and*
might have already been changed  by the time you read them*
owing to the more recent information that became available*