Male Ear Rings

aditya at icanect.net aditya at icanect.net
Thu Mar 14 21:30:58 UTC 1996

nas_ng at lms420.jsc.nasa.gov (Ganesan)  has  recently written as
follows:

>1) In Tamil, male ear rings are called as kaTukku or kaTukkan.
>Female ear rings have many names - kuzhai, thOTu, kammal, curuL, thongal,
>kaathOlai, kaathaNi, ceviyaNi, nakai ..,
I understand they are also called Kundala in Sanskrit and ear-piercing
is still counted as one of the 16 sanskars among Hindus.
Ear piercing for males was considered as important an event as
circumcision is among the Jews.
Have a nice day.
Aditya Mishra
http://www.icanect.net/~aditya
The opinions expressed herein are continually mutating and*
might have already been changed  by the time you read them*
owing to the more recent information that became available*