New Message

Peter J. Claus pclaus at haywire.csuhayward.edu
Sun Jul 21 19:01:25 UTC 1996

Date: July 21, 1996

Indology List
indology at Liverpool.ac.uk

Dear Members

As co-editor of a forthcoming encyclopedia of South Asian
folklore, I am in the final stages of trying to find authors for
a small number of remaining articles.  I would welcome self-
nominations or suggestions for authors for the following topics.

  FORTUNE TELLERS           Words:  600
  TRANSVESTISM              Words:  750
  DASARA                    Words:  600
  HOLI                      Words:  600
  KRISHNA                   Words: 1000
  TOYS: (CARTS, DOLLS, HOOPS, KITES, TOPS, ETC.) (Words: 1000)

The encyclopedia will  be a single-volume, 500,000-word
(approximately 1000 pages, large format) reference work usable by
university students, scholars, and general readers, covering the
world region from Bangladesh to Afghanistan, Tibet to Sri Lanka.
It will supply a survey of research on South Asian verbal arts,
folklife and material culture, in approximately 800
alphabetically-arranged entries, with appropriate illustrations
and maps.

Peter J. Claus
fax: (510) 704-9636
pclaus at csuhayward.edu