query: gender & vedic trad

thompson at handel.jlc.net thompson at handel.jlc.net
Mon Jul 8 16:59:50 UTC 1996

I am presently studying a hymn of the RV, RV 10.159, called by Geldner a
"Triumphlied einer Frau."  It is a short, not very difficult or complex,
hymn which, at least in the sources available to me, has received little
attention [it is also translated by O'Flaherty but her comments are brief].
I wonder whether members of the working group on gender and Vedic tradition
have encountered any discussion of it, or have themselves examined it.
Comments, bibliographic refs., etc., would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

George Thompson