Screen Fonts?

Lance Nelson lnelson at pwa.acusd.edu
Thu Jan 4 06:22:14 UTC 1996

Question: Why do the screen fonts designed for Sanskrit transliteration
look so unfinished in Windows programs?

I've downloaded two fonts: Dominic's CS Bitstream Charter and Jamie
Hubbard's Sanskrit Times New Roman GE.  I've also tried Linguist's
Software's TransIndic LS.  All true type for Windows, in Word Perfect
6.1, also tried in WinWord 6.0.  All of them print nicely, but look very
uneven on screen, with some letters fatter than others, etc.  Am I doing
something wrong?  Any advice appreciated.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all!

Lance
Lance Nelson
Religious Studies