Archaeology of South Asia

mail07464 at pop.net mail07464 at pop.net
Sun Feb 4 18:15:14 UTC 1996

I have been asked to post the following. Please excuse any cross postings.

<btdas at aol.com>
         I am a professional geologist (BS, MS) with over 20 years of experience
analyzing geological data.  However, ever since serving in the Peace Corps in
India 25 years ago, my dream has always been to engage in archaeology of
South Asia, specifically looking for traces of the more ancient civilizations
there.
        Basically, I am writing to ask for help.  I need information regarding
graduate archaeology programs in America that might have some interest in
South Asia and that would also be sympathetic to my situation.  Important
professional responsiblities would inevitably take some of my time, however I
could devote a good amount of time to my studies and research.  Moreover, I
would
prefer a program that would allow me to do a considerable part of my work
out in the field in South Asia.
        I will be very grateful for any information about possible programs or
scholars whom I might contact.  Please reply to me directly at <btdas at aol.com>
        Thanks so much.
        With best wishes,
        Bob Cohen