how to reference list discussions

Peter J. Claus pclaus at haywire.csuhayward.edu
Wed Aug 7 14:45:00 UTC 1996

Members,
Since both writers presumably have email and the address of the original
is in the header, it would seem easy enough to email a request to the
original author to publish the quoted matter.  I think it is one thing to
quote one another in LIST discussions (ie. public forum) and another to
carry this to printed/published media where there is no possiblity for
quick reply.  Besides, email tends to be ephemeral, print is forever.

Peter Claus