"old indologists"

Oliver.Freiberger at uni-bayreuth.de Oliver.Freiberger at uni-bayreuth.de
Thu Aug 1 10:54:50 UTC 1996

>Dear list members,
>I need to know some details about the following scholars:
>1. A. Venis (or Venice?), who was principal at Government Sanskrit
>College (Queen's College?) at Banaras during the 1890s or 1900s. What was
>his particular field and what publications he had.
>2. L. de Baron Holstein (Baron de Holstein?), where was he from, what was
>his special field, from where he published Kazyapa Parivarta?
>I would appreciate very much any information in this regard.

>Sincerely
>Benjamin Preciado-Solis.

I would recommend to get in contact with Klaus Karttunen, University
of Helsinki, PF 13, Meritullinkatu 1, SF-00014 Helsinki, Finland. He has
collected (bio- and bibliographical) material on "old indologists".
Unfortunately, I don't know his e-mail-address. Good luck!

Oliver Freiberger
University of Bayreuth, Germany