And now, as a contribution to Vedic studies...

ucgadkw ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Sun Oct 8 21:53:57 UTC 1995

I thought you might enjoy this recent posting to comp.fonts.  Surely
"EnVeda" must become the standard font for INDOLOGY discussions. :-)

in <pjm-0210951440500001 at pjm.interlog.com> pjm at interlog.com wrote
>I have a customer is who sent me the following inquiry:
>>I AM LOOKING FOR A FONT THAT WILL MIMIC SANSKRIT, BUT ACTUALY BE IN
>>ENGLISH. IS THERE SUCH A THING?

Yes Indeed, InProS's font Indinglish is exactly this font.

Indinglish font was recently used by AT&T in a major advertising
campaign.

Many of the wedding invitations for Indian marraiges in Eastern and
SouthWestern US are prepared using Indinglish and our Indian language
fonts.

You can see a sample of it at

http://www.inpros.com

cfynn at sahaja.demon.co.uk wrote
>Devanagri  characters (and those of several other Indian
>scripts) are mostly joined by a horizontal line running across
>the top of most letters. Characters hang from this line.
>Vowels are something like accents which are placed above this
>line some of them appear below the consonant characters.

This is a pretty good description of it. Indinglish has succeeded in
capturing all of these featuures.

We will soon be releasing another English font called EnVeda which
will also capture look and feel of Sanskrit script in a unique way,
Tentative release date January 14th 1996.

-Mala Ward
info at inpros.com

InProS: Dedicated to Preserving Heritage through Technology