Review of INDOLOGY

Dominik Wujastyk dom at uclblr.iisc.ernet.in
Fri Jan 13 20:38:26 UTC 1995

Johannes B. Tuemmers said:

> Posting questions, asking for infos, addresses or persons is fine, but is
> not ALWAYS necessary, IMO, to answer them via the list. Sometimes it is
> sufficiant to reply personally to the sender...

Yes, you are quite right in general.

A point about email addresses:  there are now over 330 members of the
list, and any member can easily get a complete listing of the names of
these people together with their email addresses (usefully arranged by
country).  Almost all the queries we see asking for people's addresses
could be answered if the questioner fetched the membership list from the
INDOLOGY listerver.  Here's how:

Send the message
  "review indology"
to the address
  "listserv at liverpool.ac.uk"

It's quite fun seeing who all the members are, and its a useful list to
have for reference.

Dominik