Review of INDOLOGY

David Magier magier at columbia.edu
Fri Jan 13 18:21:09 UTC 1995

> A point about email addresses:  there are now over 330 members of the
> list, and any member can easily get a complete listing of the names of
> these people together with their email addresses (usefully arranged by
> country).  Almost all the queries we see asking for people's addresses
> could be answered if the questioner fetched the membership list from the
> INDOLOGY listerver.

Yes. Also, one can consult The International Directory of South Asia
Scholars (under the SOUTH ASIANISTS menu on the South Asia Gopher).
The Directory now contains more than 270 complete listings for South
Asia scholars, including names, addresses, email, phone, fax, and full
descriptions of their areas of specialization and research/teaching
interest. It includes entries from many scholars who use the internet
as well as many who never use computers. It is searchable by name or
by keyword (e.g. discipline, country, language, etc.). Many, but by no
means all, of the subscribers to INDOLOGY are also listed in the
Directory. I wish they all were! If anyone reading this cares to have
themselves included in the Directory, kindly send me a note
(magier at columbia.edu) and I will send you the info and a brief form for
submitting entries (e.g. by email).

Thanks.
David Magier