moderating not moderation

Carlos Lopez clopez at husc.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 14 00:54:15 UTC 1995

On Mon, 13 Feb 1995, Leslaw Borowski wrote:

> To C.Lopez: Do you think "netiquette" is only one,accepted by all and
> obvious to all?  Lesl~aw Borowski

I would expect so.  One doesn't join a list on Buddhism and then start a
discussion on Paul Tillich.  The topics of most list are clearly
demarcated.  Perhaps, this list should go about demarcating more clearly
what classical indology means.  Once this is clear to everyone, then
netiquette for this list would be clear.  I am certain that everyone here
would be quite vocal if someone began a discussion on Church History; a
topic which is clearly outside of the confines of this list.  Again,
"classical Indology" should be further defined and clarified.

Carlos Lopez
Harvard University
Dept of Sanskrit