Critique of the West in Indic literature and society

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Aug 18 17:46:27 UTC 1995

Dear Sadhunathan,

> I was uanble to find an editorial promoting child marriage.  Can you
> tell me the volume/issue?? I did find the publisher's remarks on
> arranged marriage, that is possibly what you are referring to.

Yes, I think that probably is what I was thinking of.  The "from the
publisher's desk" is what I think of as the editorial, and the date,
Jan 94, is about right, I think.

> FYI, I am a devotee of Sivaya Subramuniyswami, but don't claim to
> represent either him or HT.  Also it is my observation that Dominik's
> antagonism seemed to arise after the publication of the Hindu Time
> Line articles in HT.  Is that correct?  Perhaps it conflicted with
> some of your research or beliefs, Dominick?  I'm only guessing.
> I saw your letter at that time attacking their research published in
> their letters to the editor section.

Actually, I went off HT earlier, and wasn't a subscriber when the
timeline issue came up.  I also read the big book by Sivaya
Subramuniaswami on Saivism, when it first came out.

Incidentally, I was completely unaware that HT ever published any letter
from me.  I don't think I wrote to them ... oh, wait a minute, I did
send a bit of email, which never got acknowledged, so I assumed it had
fallen into some big hole in the net.  That must be it.  I certainly
didn't intend my note for publication!  Oh dear.  Was it very strident?

Best wishes,
Dominik