Critique of the West in Indic literature and society

pslvax!sadhu at UCSD.EDU pslvax!sadhu at UCSD.EDU
Fri Aug 18 19:04:49 UTC 1995

| Incidentally, I was completely unaware that HT ever published any letter
| from me.  I don't think I wrote to them ... oh, wait a minute, I did
| send a bit of email, which never got acknowledged, so I assumed it had
| fallen into some big hole in the net.  That must be it.  I certainly
| didn't intend my note for publication!  Oh dear.  Was it very strident?

\ END: Dominik Wujastyk

Aum

Thank you for your gentle and thoughtful reply,  Dominik.  Below is
the letter you sent .. they published it in the February 94 issue
with the notation that it was an email letter.

     I have read an account/review of your recent article on Indian
     history, and I am shocked that you could promote such nonsense.  I
     have in the past enjoyed Hinduism Today, but this article and the
     accompanying editorial are not just ridiculous, but also play into
     the hands of fundamentalist revisionists who are dangerous.  In
     India today there is a strong movement amongst
     politically-motivated right-wingers to find historical reasons to
     justify acts of communal brutality and discrimination.  Your
     article plays right into the hands of these people.

     Dominik Wujastyk, Bangalore, India, dom at soochak.ncst.ernet.in