Malayalam fonts

Jeroen Hellingman jhelling at cs.ruu.nl
Thu Jan 20 09:43:27 UTC 1994

  > I would be grateful for help on this point.
  >
  > I have just downloaded two Windows fonts for Malayalam from the
  > CICA archive. They look quite good and print well.

  I also got the same fonts converted to Macintosh TrueType, but I am not so
  happy with them. There are two styles, one square thick line design, and one
  normal design (with thick-thin transitions) I think they have been done very
  crude -- the thick-thin transitions are irregular, bows are not looking very
  symmetrical, and a eyes, etc are not looking the same where they should. I
  think this has not the quality to make it a proffesional product. (allthough
  I have seen some ugly things for sale) For comparison, take a look at the
  fonts CDAC has for sale, and which are used in newspapers and magazines in
  Kerala.

  About it copyright status I cannot tell you anything. I haven't seen them
  before.

  Jeroen

--
Jeroen Hellingman                 E-mail: <jhelling at cs.ruu.nl>
't Zand 2                         Phone: +31-3473-73935 (home)