Suggestions for research topic..

Peter_Scharf at brown.edu Peter_Scharf at brown.edu
Thu Aug 25 01:57:17 UTC 1994

>Hi,
>
>I am interested in doing a research paper on some aspect of Indian
>science/technology. The time frame of the topic is preferably any time before
>the 1950's.  However, more recent the better since I have to be able to
>find some primary sources on the subject matter.
The authority on the subject is David Pingree who cannot be reached by
e-mail.  I suggest you read his book in the History of Indian Literature
series edited by Gonda on Indian Science and Mathematics.  There is plenty
of primary material available back to the time just after Alexander.
Peter Scharf