Oriya fonts

Dominik Wujastyk D.Wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Dec 21 11:15:39 UTC 1993

 stampe at uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu  writes:

> Has anyone heard of TeX or PS fonts for Oriya?
> Please reply to me by email - I have had to unsubscribe during
> the holidays - and afterward I will summarize any responses I get.

David,
There isn't a Metafont Oriya, but there is are several PS ones
distributed by

Lingua Language Services
63b Woodhead Road
Holmfirth
Huddersfield HD7 1PR
England.
FAX +44 484 68 73 20.

TeX can use PS fonts.

Finally, if you can raise the money, it would be very worthwhile to
commission Yannis Haralambous <yannis at gat.univ-lille1.fr> to create an
Oriya-in-Metafont for you (and the world).  Yannis is creating a Sinhalese
Metafont for the Wellcome Institute right now: first proofs are gorgeous.
In due course it will be released at no charge for academic use.  Yannis is
also doing a Bengali at the moment, so while he is in "Indic mode" it would
be a very suitable time to commission him to make other related fonts.

Best wishes,

Dominik
--
Dominik Wujastyk           Phone (and voice messages): +44 71 611 8467
Wellcome Institute, 183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE.