Oriya fonts

Jeroen Hellingman jhelling at cs.ruu.nl
Thu Dec 16 14:24:11 UTC 1993

  > Has anyone heard of TeX or PS fonts for Oriya?
  > Please reply to me by email - I have had to unsubscribe during
  > the holidays - and afterward I will summarize any responses I get.
  >
  > David Stampe <stampe at uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu>, <stampe at uhunix.bitnet>
  > Dept. of Linguistics, Univ. of Hawaii/Manoa, Honolulu HI 96822

  Yes, CDAC has them -- two versions -- PostScript type 1, which will come
  with their ISM manager for Indic scripts if you order it. (These fonts are
  also use in most Oriya newspapers -- atleast it is the same as in the
  newspaper I bought while I was in Orisa -- you can get it at LINGUA, 63B
  Woodhead Road, Holmfirth, HUddersfield HD7 1PR, tel 0484 686396, fax 0484
  687320 (reminder: in the U.K.) I have never seen a TeX font for Oriya, only
  heard a roumor somebody was working on it.

  Success, and keep me informed about it. If you get PostScript fonts, I will
  be able to make them work with TeX -- at least if you have a Mac or a
  postscript printer.

  Best Wishes,

  Jeroen

--
Jeroen Hellingman                 E-mail: <jhelling at cs.ruu.nl>
't Zand 2                         Phone: +31-3473-73935 (home)