[INDOLOGY] Fwd: Anquetil Duperron

Yannick Lambert yannicklambert2028 at u.northwestern.edu
Mon Sep 30 21:35:53 UTC 2024

Dear Alakendu,

I'd also recommend Wilhelm Halbfass' rather comprehensive *India and
Europe: An Essay in Philosophical Understanding. *As far as I can see it
hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread.
https://archive.org/details/India_and_Europe_An_Essay_in_Philosophical_Understanding_Wilhelm_Halbfass
<https://archive.org/details/India_and_Europe_An_Essay_in_Philosophical_Understanding_Wilhelm_Halbfass>

Chapter 4 might be of help, and it includes further sources.
Anquetil-Duperron is also mentioned in other chapters, so I'd suggest
having a look at the index.

All the best,

Yannick

On Mon, Sep 30, 2024 at 12:51 PM alakendu Das via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> Thank you very much.
>
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2024, 14:15 Christophe Vielle via INDOLOGY <
> indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>
>> And I would add to Asko's reference, the translations into German, from
>> several of the AD Latin ones (themselves made from the Persian), by P.
>> Deussen in
>> *Sechzig Upanishad's des Veda*, Leipzig: F. A. Brockhaus, 2nd ed. 1905
>> (1st. 1897; repr. 1921, 1938), pp. 830 sq. no. 51-60
>> https://archive.org/details/sechzigupanishad00deusuoft/page/xxiv/mode/2up
>>
>> cf. English tr., with additions, of Deussen by V. M. Bedekar and G. B.
>> Palsule, *Sixty Upanisads of the Veda*, Delhi: Motilal Banarsidass,
>> 1980; vol. 2, pp. 889 sq.
>> https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.187943/page/n351/mode/2up
>>
>> Début du message réexpédié :
>>
>> *De: *Asko Parpola via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info>
>> *Objet: **Rép. : [INDOLOGY] Anquetil Duperron*
>> *Date: *30 septembre 2024 à 10:14:53 UTC+2
>> *À: *Lyne Bansat-Boudon <Lyne.Bansat-Boudon at ephe.psl.eu>
>> *Cc: *Indology List <indology at list.indology.info>
>> *Répondre à: *Asko Parpola <aparpola at gmail.com>
>>
>> Albrecht Weber analyzed Anquetil Duperron’s Upaniṣad translations:
>> Weber, Albrecht, 1850. Analyse der in Anquetil du Perron's Uebersetzung
>> enthaltenen Upanishad [I-II]. Indische Studien 1: 247-302 & 380-456.
>> Berlin: Ferd. Dümmler's Buchhandlung.
>> Weber, Albrecht, 1853. Analyse der in Anquetil du Perron's Uebersetzung
>> enthaltenen Upanishad [III-IV]. Indische Studien 2: 1-111 & 170-236.
>> Berlin: Ferd. Dümmler's Verlagsbuchhandlung.
>> Weber, Albrecht, 1865. Analyse der in Anquetil du Perron’s Uebersetzung
>> enthaltenen Upanishad ([V] Fortsetzung von 2, 236 und Schluss). Indische
>> Studien 9: 1-173. Leipzig: F. A. Brockhaus.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Asko
>>
>> Asko Parpola, Helsinki
>>

>> On 29. Sep 2024, at 16.03, Lyne Bansat-Boudon via INDOLOGY <
>> indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>>
>> Dear colleagues,
>>
>> This could also be of some help:
>>
>>    - a paper by G. Stroumsa (as attached file)
>>    - Raymond Schwab , *La Renaissance orientale*, Payot 2014 [1950]
>>    - Several works of Roland Lardinois
>>
>>    All, unfortunately, in French... (*cum grano salis* and much
>>    affection)
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Lyne
>>
>> Lyne Bansat-Boudon
>> Directeur d'études pour les Religions de l'Inde
>> Ecole pratique des hautes études, section des sciences religieuses
>> Membre senior honoraire de l'Institut universitaire de France

Yannick Lambert
PhD Student, Religious Studies, Northwestern University
yannicklambert2028 at u.northwestern.edu
<http://yannicklambert2028@.u.northwestern.edu>
(224) 284 3017