[INDOLOGY] English Translation of the Bhāgavata Purāṇa

Mrinal Kaul mrinalkaul81 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 04:13:03 UTC 2024

Dear Colleagues,

A non-Sanskritist colleague is looking for a standard/reliable/good quality/literal English translation (without any comments or annotations etc.) of the Bhāgavata Purāṇa. I do not have any translations with me (except for the text) that I can compare and give an opinion on. I am sure many scholars on this list will have a ready answer. Any advice/suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Mrinal
-----
Mrinal Kaul (he/ him/ his)
Assistant Professor of Indian Philosophy
Department of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS)
Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay (IIT-B)
Powai, Mumbai 400076, INDIA
Tel: +91 22-2576-5349  Extn: 5349 (office)
Tel: +91 22-62513773 (Residence)
email: mrinal.kaul at iitb.ac.in <mailto:mrinal.kaul at iitb.ac.in>
https://www.hss.iitb.ac.in/people/faculty/mrinal-kaul <https://www.hss.iitb.ac.in/people/faculty/mrinal-kaul>
https://iitbombay.academia.edu/MrinalKaul <https://iitbombay.academia.edu/MrinalKaul>