[INDOLOGY] Many-armed gods

Harry Spier vasishtha.spier at gmail.com
Fri May 17 21:35:02 UTC 2024

This feature is mentioned in brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa 3.43.70. (From GRETIL which
is a transcription of the Bombay edition of Venkatesa Press)

 brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa 3.43.70

atrinetraḥ śivaḥ sākṣād acaturbāhuracyutaḥ /

acaturvadano brahmā śrīguruḥ parikīrtitaḥ //

"Shri Guru is said to indeed  be  Shiva without three eyes,  Vishnu without
four arms and Brahma without four faces".

Harry Spier