[INDOLOGY] Kalpataru Diaries blog post: OCR options

Tyler Neill tyler.g.neill at gmail.com
Sun May 5 19:22:05 UTC 2024

Hi list,

While I don't plan to immediately announce every "Kalpataru Diaries" blog
post I do, this one seems potentially more useful than most, so I didn't
want to wait in this case. Shout-out to Andrew Ollett for the instructions
for Google Cloud Vision that this write-up is based on.

https://www.tylerneill.info/blog-kalpataru-diaries/ocr-options

In short, if anyone is at an impasse about convenient and cost-effective
OCR for Sanskrit, please be in touch, and I'll help you out directly.
Especially for projects involving 1–100 complete books, I think a
micro-commercial setup like the one I'm offering can really accelerate our
collective work on digitization. And while my special interest is
Sanskrit, this technology should also work well for a lot of other
languages, too.

Looking forward to seeing some of you in my inbox soon!

Kind wishes
Tyler