[INDOLOGY] Major grants for indological projects

Claudius Teodorescu claudius.teodorescu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 08:45:20 UTC 2024

Hi!

A standardized manner to store metadata about these grant would be by using
the Grant Linking System
<https://crossref.org/services/grant-linking-system/> provided by CrossRef
<https://crossref.org/>.

Some words from them about this system:
"Crossref Grant Linking System logo The Crossref Grant Linking System (GLS)
is a service for research funders to contribute to open science
infrastructure. As members of Crossref, funders create unique links and
open metadata about their support of all kinds, from financial grants to
prizes to use of facilities. This metadata is distributed at scale openly
and globally and the unique links are acknowledged in any outputs of the
funding, such as publications, preprints, data and code - in order to
streamline the reporting process."

This program has 5 years already, with 35 funder members, over 100 funding
programmes and 125,000 grant records.
Features of the GLS
(see
https://crossref.org/blog/celebrating-five-years-of-grant-ids-where-are-we-with-the-crossref-grant-linking-system/
)

   - Globally unique persistent link and identifier for each grant
   - Connected with 160 million published outputs
   - Funder-designed metadata schema, including project, investigator,
   value, and award-type information
   - Programmatic or no-code methods to send metadata
      - Thanks to the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
      <https://www.moore.org/> who funded development of the online grant
      registration form <https://manage.crossref.org/records>
   - Open search and API for all to discover funding outcomes; all metadata
   is distributed openly to thousands of tools and services
   - Crossref-hosted landing pages
   - A global community of ~50 funder advisors and 35+ funders already in
   the Grant Linking System
   - Membership of Crossref; influence the foundational infrastructure
   powering open research

Best regards,
Claudius Teodorescu

On Sat, 20 Jul 2024 at 20:07, Antonia Ruppel via INDOLOGY <
indology at list.indology.info> wrote:

> The ERC has funded various Indological projects over the past few years:
>
> MUYA (Avestan focus, but strong Sanskrit component):
> https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/694612
> AVINDIA (same):
> https://erc.europa.eu/sites/default/files/2023-03/erc_2022-adg-results-sh.pdf
>
> MANTRAMS:
> https://erc.europa.eu/sites/default/files/2023-10/erc-2023-syg-results-all-domains.pdf
> LINGUINDIC: https://www.linguindic.com
>
> John Lowe also received a major grant from the Leverhulme Trust
> https://users.ox.ac.uk/~shug1472/uss/uncovering-sanskrit-syntax.shtml
>
> (Apologies this list is a little random; these are the projects I am aware
> of.)
>
> Antonia
>

> On Sat, 20 Jul 2024 at 15:39, Harry Spier via INDOLOGY <
> indology at list.indology.info> wrote:
>
>> Dear list members,
>> Have any of the list members kept track of major grants given in the last
>> 5 years or so for indological projects.  I had a look at the NEH site but I
>> couldn't see any listed.
>> Thanks,
>> Harry Spier

Cu stimă,