[INDOLOGY] Śrīraṅgamāhātmya ed. Bhattacharya 2012

Christophe Vielle christophe.vielle at uclouvain.be
Mon Jul 22 07:31:51 UTC 2024

Could it be this text?
https://vishvasa.github.io/purANam_vaiShNavam/garuDa-purANam/shrIranga-mAhAtmyam/02/

Le 20 juil. 2024 à 17:43, jason.cannon-silber--- via INDOLOGY <indology at list.indology.info> a écrit :

I have been given permission (and encouragement) to share the catalogue description as it stands, so here is a link, in case it might be of interest: https://tst-project.github.io/mss/Cod_Palmbl_III_111.xml?facs=1. As you can see, the transcription of the incipit and explicit of the final fragment (from the Śrīraṅgamāhātmya) is still in a pretty rough state. Any help or hints would be warmly welcomed.

Best wishes,
Jason

Quoting "jason.cannon-silber--- via INDOLOGY" <indology at list.indology.info<mailto:indology at list.indology.info>>:

Dear all,

I am currently proofreading manuscript catalogue entries for the Texts Surrounding Texts project, and one MS that I am working on contains a fragment of which part is identified as being from the 43rd chapter of the Śrīraṅgamāhātmya (the rest being presumably from the 44th). The EFEO brought out a critical edition and translation of a text under this name just last year, but in a personal communication from one of the editors, I gather that this text exists in two recensions, one of 11 chapters and one of 108. The EFEO edition is apparently of the 11-chapter recension, According to the editor, the 108-chapter version has been edited by T. K. Sriman Bhattacharya and published in Srirangam in 2012.

It would be very helpful to consult this edition, as the MS is uninked and quite hard for a novice reader of Grantha like myself to make out. And besides, it would be nice to see if what is in the MS matches the published text, or if it perhaps represents still another version. I seem to find no trace of this edition anywhere online, however. Therefore, I leave it to the amazing powers and generosity of this list to point me in a direction where I might find a digital copy.

Best wishes,
Jason

Christophe Vielle<https://uclouvain.be/en/directories/christophe.vielle>
Louvain-la-Neuve