[INDOLOGY] AI: the hallucinations of chatGPT and Bard

Tyler Williams tylerwwilliams at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 04:35:29 UTC 2023

Dear Dominik,

Yes, the fact that most students (and the general public) do not understand
what language modeling is or how it works indeed leads to entertaining
productions. I have received papers on Plato's *Phaedrus *that include
quotations "from the text" that are wholly invented by chatGPT. "Plausible"
is perhaps the best word for the text thus produced.

Best,
Tyler