[INDOLOGY] Annotations in śrī-vidyā-nitya-paddhatiḥ of Sahib Kaul

Harry Spier vasishtha.spier at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 14:51:25 UTC 2023

  Dear list members,
I received this very interesting reply on another list.  I am posting it
here with his permission. To me the most interesting thing is that in
addition to explaining what the annotations are,  it explains what the
preamble of  ṛṣiḥ,chandas,devatā,bijam,śaktiḥ,kīlakam,and viniyogaḥ before
tantric mantras is.  It  is a  nyāsa to be performed before reciting the
mantra.