[INDOLOGY] about Routledge and Open Access fees

Vitus Angermeier vitus.angermeier at univie.ac.at
Sun Jun 4 11:07:28 UTC 2023

We had a very good experience publishing our Puṣpikā volume with HASP
<https://hasp.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/?lang=en>. They are an open access
publisher focusing on Asian studies. They do not charge OA fees,
organize peer review on request, and offer printed versions as print on
demand for a very moderate fee. More details on their services:
https://hasp.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/publishing/for_authors.

Further fair open access (FOA) options are collected at the FOASAS
website, run by Dominik Haas and myself: https://foasas.org/#journals.
If you know of any other good OA publishers not yet listed here please
get in contact with us.

Best wishes,
Vitus Angermeier

Am 04.06.23 um 06:50 schrieb McComas Taylor via INDOLOGY:
> The Australian National University Press (ANU Press) is a leading
> open-access publisher.  They don't charge to publish book per se, but
> they do require authors to use one of their approved copy-editors.  I
> have followed this path twice - both for 500-page volumes. The total
> cost for each volume was about US$4000.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> McComas
>
> *//*
>
> *McComas Taylor, *Associate Professor, Reader in Sanskrit
> College of Asia and Pacific, Australian National University
> Secretary-General, International Assoc. of Sanskrit Studies

–––––––––––––––––––––––

*Dr. Vitus Angermeier*
PI at the FWF Project "Epidemics and Crisis Management in Pre-modern
South Asia"
University of Vienna
Department of South Asian, Tibetan and Buddhist Studies
<https://stb.univie.ac.at/en/>
Spitalgasse 2, Courtyard 2.1
1090 Vienna, Austria

T: +43-1-4277-43516 ][ vitus.angermeier at univie.ac.at
<mailto:email at example.com> ][ @jalaukika
ORCİD: <https://twitter.com/jalaukika>0000-0002-8505-6112
<https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8505-6112> ][ at HCommons
<https://hcommons.org/members/vangrmr/> ][ at Academia.edu
<https://univie.academia.edu/VitusAngermeier> ][ Personal Website <
https://homepage.univie.ac.at/vitus.angermeier/>

Epidemics and Crisis Management in Pre-modern South Asia
<https://epidemics.univie.ac.at/>

The Initiative for Fair Open Access Publishing in South Asian Studies
<https://foasas.org/>, contact at foasas.org