[INDOLOGY] the word 'sesame' and the use of sesame oil

Lubomír Ondračka ondracka at ff.cuni.cz
Wed Apr 26 10:44:12 UTC 2023

Yes, sesame oil was widely used. A good introductory entry is in the
classic Dymock survey:
https://archive.org/details/b2129737x_0003/page/n41/mode/2up

Specific textual references in Ayurvedic works can be found through the
index of Meulenbeld's A History of Indian Medical Literature under the
entry "tila".

L.