[INDOLOGY] Including photographs of original manuscripts with on-line editions

Valerie Roebuck vjroebuck at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 16 20:55:26 UTC 2023

H. Nakatani, Udānavarga de Subaši, an edition of a fragmentary manuscript in Buddhist Hybrid Sanskrit, is in two volumes, the first being a romanised version of the surviving text with parallels of the verses from comparable texts, and the second a set of photographs of the fragments together with diagrams showing how they would all have fitted together. (An extreme example, of dealing with an extremely damaged text.)

Valerie J Roebuck
Manchester, UK